Sometimes we all need
JBD Christian Counseling and Psychotherapy
The mission of
JBD Christian Counseling and Psychotherapy is:
* to treat each client with respect
* to walk alongside as you work through issues that are troubling you
* to be a part of the process of healing and reconciliation
Joanne Baker Deal, M.A.,
Licensed Professional Counselor
Nationally Certified Counselor
Works with individuals, couples, and families.
Qualified to address emotional, relational, and neurologically based issues such as depression; anxiety; anger management; grief, loss and bereavement; communication and conflict resolution; ADHD and Asperger Syndrome/High-Functioning Autism.
Our Foundational Philosophy
Part of the Process of
Healing and Reconciliation
We were created to live free of conflict or pain. However, we live in a post-Edenic world in which:
* Illness, death, and grief are normal progressions of life
* Misunderstandings grow into arguments and conflicts. Sometimes relationships terminate.
* We are sinned against — sometimes horribly. And as sinners, we also sin against others.
* Events sometimes take place that shake our confidence in God’s blueprint for our lives.
“‘I know the plans I have for you,’
declares the Lord,
‘plans to give you hope and a future.'”
— Jeremiah 29:11 NIV
Christian Counseling is NOT —
a sermon or lecture
a “guilt trip”
a “quick fix”
“Take two Bible verses
and call me in the morning”
Christian Counseling IS —
* Working together toward agreed-upon goals
* Addressing issues from a perspective rooted in a Biblical world view
* Balancing compassion and grace with truth.
* Inviting God directly into the counseling process.
Get in Touch
JBD Christian Counseling and Wellness
Counseling locations in Guilford and Madision
and remotely via Telehealth formats
860-304-5695 * email@example.com
Send Us a Message
Copyright JBD Christian Counseling and Psychotherapy – All rights reserved